Compassionate Waterford Memory Care in Waterford, MI
The Meadows Memory Care residences at Canterbury-on-the-Lake provide the safety, security, people, and programs to help preserve all the things that bring meaning and order to your loved one’s life. Each day our mission is to provide the highest quality Alzheimer’s and dementia care that will enrich the lives of our residents by encouraging and celebrating their interests and abilities.
What is Memory Care?
Memory care is a specialized type of long-term senior care for individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of progressive-degenerative dementia. Like assisted living, memory care assists with daily activities such as bathing, dressing, and grooming, but also offers a specific type of compassionate care that is specially designed for those suffering from memory impairment.
Benefits of Memory Care
At The Meadows, we understand how difficult it can be to remove your loved one from everything they are familiar with and place them into a brand new environment. This transition can take an emotional toll not only on the patient but on the entire family as well.
Memory care offers multiple benefits for both the patient and their family, so you can be confident that your loved one is receiving the highest level of care here in our community.
Around-the-Clock Safety & Support
- 24-Hour Support
Your loved one will have access to assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, whether they need a hand with getting dressed or using the bathroom.
- Enhanced Safety
The Meadows provides a 24-hour emergency response system and onsite security 24 hours a day so you can rest assured your loved one won’t wander or get lost.
Skilled Nursing & Staff
- Highly Skilled Caregivers
Our memory care team consists of highly skilled nurses and caregivers who specialize in Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- Access to Health Providers
The Meadows offers access to various medical professionals including our nurse-staffed clinic, a visiting primary physician, a podiatrist, and transportation to and from doctor’s appointments.
Living Life to the Fullest
- Specially Designed Activities and Programs
Memory care offers an assortment of enjoyable programs and activities geared toward seniors experiencing memory loss. We provide convenient, wheelchair-accessible transportation to scheduled events and outings.
- Personalized Care
By really getting to know our patients, our highly trained staff can individualize care plan techniques to produce the best results for each person. We provide assistance with daily living activities such as bathing, dressing and grooming, and medication management
- Increased Socialization
Living in a memory care community allows our residents an abundance of interaction opportunities with other seniors, something not always available when living at home.
- Improved Nutrition & Wellness
You won’t have to worry about your loved one missing any meals at The Meadows. We serve three restaurant-style delicious meals a day and all residents are encouraged to visit our fully equipped wellness center when accompanied by a loved one.
The Meadows Perks
At The Meadows, we understand that the way we provide our services is every bit as important as the services themselves. Our compassionate team of caregivers will provide your loved one with the kind of respect and dignity they deserve while offering them the very best in personal care. Some of the services we provide include:
- Memory boxes outside of every door to cue each resident’s home
- Weekly laundry and housekeeping services
- Full maintenance of residences and gathering spaces
- Meticulous lawn care and snow removal
- 50 channels of DIRECTV, utilities, and phone included
- Full-service hair and nail salon, and barber shop
- Access to St. Luke’s Chapel to help serve spiritual needs
Learn More About Our Memory Care Program
The Meadows is the only place in Metro Detroit to feature the renowned Heartfelt CONNECTIONS - A Memory Care Program™. This person-centered philosophy is grounded in the belief that the abilities that remain are far more important than those that are lost.
Our skilled staff uses memory aids to assist the families of our residents in recording the important components of their lives, such as their work, hobbies, and interests. The information gathered in this way is then used to create a personalized care plan that can improve the overall health, quality of life, and self-fulfillment of the resident.
If you or a loved one would like more information about Canterbury-on-the-Lake or would like to schedule a tour, call 248-791-9737 or complete our online form.
Heartfelt CONNECTIONS - A Memory Care Program®
Canterbury-on-the-Lake is the only place for memory care in Metro Detroit to feature the renowned Heartfelt CONNECTIONS—A Memory Care Program®. This person-centered philosophy is grounded in the belief that the abilities that remain are far more important than those that are lost. Our team employs reminiscence tools to help our residents’ family members and loved ones capture the details of residents’ lives—their careers, hobbies, likes, and dislikes. We then apply the insights gained from each life story to create an individualized care plan that promotes physical and emotional well-being, prolongs daily functioning, and maintains a sense of purpose, satisfaction and quality of life.
Benefits for Your Loved One
- Promotes dignity and a sense of pride and accomplishment in day-to-day activities
- Supports improved self-worth, self-esteem, and overall health and well-being
- Reduces fear, anxiety, and frustration
Benefits for You
- Provides the comfort of knowing your loved one is enjoying the best quality of life possible
- Allows you to return to being a loving spouse, child, or grandchild
- Gives you the opportunity to make the most of your time together
Canterbury is committed to offering a holistic approach to your loved one’s total health.
For fitness, our Wellness Center is available to memory care residents when accompanied by a loved one, and The Meadows features a clinic staffed by a nurse who oversees residents’ medical needs. It also offers the services of a visiting primary physician and of a podiatrist.
At The Meadows at Canterbury, we know that the way we provide our services is just as important as the services themselves.
That’s why, here, everything starts with Extraordinary Impressions™, our culture of gracious hospitality and service that ensures that each interaction with our residents and their families is meaningful and memorable. You can be sure our team will provide your loved one with the kind of respect and dignity they deserve, while offering them the very best in personal care.
Below are just some of the personal services we provide:
- Assistance with the activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing and grooming, and medication management
- Convenient, wheelchair-accessible transportation to scheduled events and outings
- 24-hour emergency response system
- Weekly housekeeping
- Weekly laundry services, including both personal laundry and linens
Every detail of memory care at The Meadows supports our mission to offer the highest quality care in an environment that feels like home.
Here are some of the residential services we provide:
- Memory boxes outside every door to cue each resident’s home
- Onsite security 24 hours a day
- Prompt and complete maintenance of residences and gathering spaces
- Meticulous lawn care and snow removal ensuring the grounds are always beautiful, safe and inviting for you and your visitors
- 50 channels of DIRECTV and all utilities, including phone
- Secure community setting, including secure courtyard located in the center of The Meadows and a three-season porch with wildlife views
- Full-service hair and nail salon and barber shop
- Fully equipped Wellness Center and gift shop available to memory care residents when accompanied by loved one
- St. Luke’s Chapel (when accompanied by a loved one) to help serve spiritual needs
At the Meadows at Canterbury, your loved one will enjoy fresh, healthy, restaurant-style dishes with multiple menu options designed to please every taste and nutritional need. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner—they’re all being served, every day, and specialized diets are always accommodated. A family member can make menu choices in advance, but, rest assured, a team member of The Meadows is always there to help with selection of meals. We’ll also assist with cutting food and feeding, if needed. Our dining program features three meals a day and snacks included in the rent.
Residents stay physically active in our fun exercise classes held at The Meadows.
As a non-denominational faith-based community, we’re here to nurture your loved
Our beautiful, secure memory care apartment homes have everything you want for your loved one to feel comfortable and safe. Each suite features a bright, sunny interior and purposeful design touches, like memory boxes outside each door. Apartments include furniture, but you’re free to use your loved one’s own if you would like. Utilities? All are included, and every residence has an emergency response system for your peace of mind. Take a look at our comfortable studio and companion suite floor plans to see which one is right for your loved one.Pay Rent Here