Canterbury-on-the-Lake: Assisted Living in Waterford, Michigan
Sometimes all you need is a helping hand, and that’s just what you’ll get, 24/7, at The Leas at Canterbury-on-the-Lake, the community for premier assisted living in Waterford, MI. We’ll consult with you and your family to devise a care plan that’s perfect for you. We help with all the basic activities of daily living. Whatever you need, it’s always your choice—including bathing, dressing and grooming, medication management, and personal maintenance. Canterbury independent living residents have priority consideration for transferring to The Leas, but you can always enter our senior living community right at the level of care you need, including assisted living.
Canterbury is committed to offering a holistic approach to your total health.
Our Wellness Coordinator will guide you through the many programs, services, and amenities we offer that focus on all Eight Dimensions of Wellness to ensure your overall physical, psychological, and social wellbeing.
At Canterbury, we know that the way we provide our services to you is just as important as the services themselves.
That’s why, here, everything starts with Extraordinary Impressions™, our culture of gracious hospitality and service that ensures that each interaction with you and your family is meaningful and memorable. Below are just some of the personal services we provide:
- 24/7 care team always available
- Assistance with daily living activities, such as bathing, dressing and grooming and medication management
- Convenient, wheelchair accessible transportation for scheduled events and outings
- Weekly housekeeping
- Weekly personal laundry and linen service
- Neck or wrist pendant system provides 24-hour emergency response, even in the shower
- Wellness Clinic staffed by full-time LPN offering daily clinic hours. The Wellness Clinic also offers the services of two visiting primary physicians, as well as a visiting podiatrist.
When you choose assisted living at Canterbury, you’ll enjoy the freedom and flexibility to do what you want, when you want, with a helping hand anytime you need it.
These are just some of the residential services we take care of, so you don’t have to:
- Prompt and complete maintenance of residences and gathering spaces
- Meticulous lawn care and snow removal ensuring the grounds are always beautiful, safe and inviting for you and your visitors
- Onsite security 24 hours a day
- About 50 channels of DIRECTV and all utilities included (except phone)
- Wireless internet in residences and common areas
Enjoy monthly outings and our weekly motor coach “dream cruise” to fun local establishments. At Canterbury, we’re going places!
Indulge in favorite pastimes, learn new skills, and keep your mind sharp!
Check the daily calendar to see what fun activities are happening every day.
- Main Street—the lower level of Canterbury and home to many of our amenities
- Restaurant-style, chef-prepared dining in our assisted living Orchid Dining Room
- Lochshire Salon, our full service, on-campus hair and nail salon and barber shop
- Fully equipped Wellness Center
- Wellness programs--including exercise classes, wellness classes, and seminars overseen by our full-time Wellness Coordinator
- Gift Shop, located on Main Street, open Monday-Friday
- Art Studio for craft and art classes
- Many wonderful places to gather, including Leas Lounge and our lovely outdoor fenced-in courtyard with covered patio
- Beautiful gardens, walking paths, and a covered lakeside pavilion with seating
- Outdoor game and entertainment spaces, including a putting green, bocce ball court, shuffleboard, and our screened “Summer House”
- Business center with copier, paper shredder, and large-screen computers with large-print keyboards
- St. Luke’s Chapel with full-time Pastoral Care Coordinator to help serve your spiritual needs
Think of The Leas at Canterbury as your new favorite dining hot spot! Here you’ll enjoy delicious, fresh, healthy, restaurant-style meals with multiple menu options in our beautifully appointed Orchid Dining Room. Our dining program features three daily meals included in your rent. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner—they’re all being served, and specialized diets are never a problem.
Your beautiful assisted living apartment has everything you want, with contemporary layouts designed with you in mind. Each one has a bright, sunny interior and most include a smartly equipped kitchenette. Utilities? All are included, and every residence has a 24-hour emergency response system for your peace of mind. Oh, and of course, small pets are always welcome! Take a look at our comfortable, spacious studio and one-bedroom floor plans to see which one is right for you.View Floor Plans >
- Long term care insurance
- Life insurance
- Veteran’s benefits
- Sale of a home
- Reverse mortgage
- Bridge loan