Waterford Independent Living at Its Best
People often cringe at the thought of moving into a senior living community because of their negative preconceived notions. Modern independent living, however, lets seniors continue living life on their own terms but without the tedium of daily responsibilities.
Canterbury On The Lake offers a wide range of services, amenities, and activities to meet the needs of all our residents. Whether you are an energetic extrovert or mild-mannered homebody, our options can be as social or solitary as you like. You get to live the life you have always wanted, free of tedious chores and responsibilities.
Senior Living at Canterbury On The Lake
Our life plan community is also known as a continuing care retirement community or CCRC. It provides the opportunity to move from independent living to assisted living or memory care as needed. Therefore, there is no need to relocate. When you move to Canterbury On The Lake, you’re home for life.
Our comprehensive wellness program focuses on the eight dimensions of wellness for well-rounded senior care. Designed to meet the various individual needs of our residents, our services include provisions for all of the following aspects:
As each member of our senior community is a unique individual, we offer an array of floor plans, dining options, amenities, activities, and personal services.
We are proud to bring our residents premier hospitality experiences based on the life care program Extraordinary Impressions®. This program focuses on elite customer service to provide our residents with a rich, highly engaging quality of life.
- 24-hour emergency response system
- Biweekly housekeeping
- Transportation to and from shopping, appointments, and scheduled outings
- Wellness clinic staffed with licensed nurse practitioners, visiting physicians, and a visiting podiatrist
- 24/7 On-site security
- Computer and internet support
- Handyman, plumbing, and painting services
- Lawncare and landscaping
- Utilities, cable TV, and wireless internet
- Beautifully landscaped campus
- Covered lakeside pavilion with seating
- Equipped business center
- Full-service hair/nail salon and barber shop
- Fully-equipped wellness center
- Gift shop
- Meeting rooms
- Screened summer house
- St. Luke’s Chapel
- Walking paths
- Art classes
- Bocce ball
- Book clubs
- Computer classes
- Creative writing classes
- Exercise classes
- Line dancing classes
- Outings & day trips
- Wellness classes & seminars
Independent Living in Waterford, MI
Here at Canterbury On The Lake, we strive to meet and exceed your expectations in every way possible. Our concentrated focus on your happiness and well-being means we will provide you with every opportunity to live your best life during your golden years.
Reach out online or call us any time to speak with our staff or schedule a tour. We look forward to meeting you and being part of your journey.
Enjoy our calendar of outings and daytrips to fun, interesting, and educational places throughout the entire area. At Canterbury, we’re going places!
Indulge in favorite pastimes, learn new skills, and keep your mind sharp! Here you’ll find everything from line dancing classes to crafting and art lessons, book clubs to computer, social media lessons and creative writing classes.
Check the daily calendar to see what fun activities are happening every day. Meet friends in our inviting gathering spaces, like the Pub Cafe for a casual bite,
- Main Street—the lower level of Canterbury and home to many of our amenities
- Restaurant-style, chef-prepared dining in our Iris Dining Room or the casual Pub Café
- Lochshire Salon, our full service, on-campus hair and nail salon and barber shop
- Fully equipped Wellness Center
- Wellness programs−including exercise classes, wellness classes, and seminars overseen by our full-time Wellness Coordinator
- Gift Shop, located on Main Street, open Monday-Friday
- Art Studio for craft and art classes
- Many wonderful places to gather, including our library, St. George’s meeting room, and The Chaucer Room that features a TV and billiards table
- Beautiful gardens, walking paths, and a covered lakeside pavilion with seating
- Outdoor game and entertainment spaces, including a putting green, bocce ball court, shuffleboard, and our screened “Summer House”
- Business center with copier, paper shredder, and large-screen computers with large-print keyboards
- St. Luke’s Chapel with full-time Pastoral Care Coordinator to help serve your spiritual needs
Canterbury is committed to offering a holistic approach to your total health.
Our Wellness Coordinator will guide you through the many programs, services, and amenities we offer that focus on all Eight Dimensions of Wellness to ensure your overall physical, psychological, and social wellbeing.
At Canterbury, we know that the way we provide our services to you is just as important as the services themselves.
That’s why, here, everything starts with Extraordinary Impressions™, our culture of gracious hospitality and service that ensures that each interaction with you and your family is meaningful and memorable. Below are just some of the personal services we provide:
- Convenient door-to-door transportation to grocery stores, pharmacies, and banks, as well as scheduled events and outings
- Housekeeping provided every two weeks
- Neck or wrist pendant system provides 24-hour emergency response, even in the shower
- Wellness Clinic staffed by full-time LPN offering daily clinic hours. The Wellness Clinic also offers the services of two visiting primary physicians, as well as a visiting podiatrist.
When you choose independent living at Canterbury, the only things you’ll be giving up are the things that slow you down, hold you back, and keep you from living your very best retirement life.
These are some of the residential services we take care of, so you don’t have to worry about a thing.
- Prompt and complete maintenance of your apartment, including painting, plumbing and handyman services, as well as computer/internet support
- Meticulous lawn care and snow removal ensuring the grounds are always beautiful, safe and inviting for you and your visitors
- Onsite security 24 hours a day
- About 50 channels of DIRECTV and all utilities included (except phone)
- Wireless internet in each apartment and in common areas
Think of Canterbury as your new favorite dining hot spot--or spots! Here you’ll enjoy a delicious variety of fresh, healthy, chef-prepared dishes from an eclectic menu in beautifully appointed spaces, including our Iris Dining Room and the casual Pub Café. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner—they’re all being served, and always your choice. Our dining program features a monthly allowance that is included in the rent—you can use it for guests, too—and you decide when and in which venue you enjoy your meals. If you’d like to entertain friends and family or celebrate a special event, we have private dining rooms available for an additional cost.
Your beautiful, new independent living apartment has everything you’ll need, with contemporary layouts designed with you in mind. Each one has a bright, sunny interior, smartly equipped kitchen, a storage unit outside of the apartment, and a washer and dryer. Of course, small pets are always welcome too!
Take a look at our comfortable studio, one-bedroom, one-bedroom with den, and two-bedroom floor plans to see which one is right for you.Pay Rent Here