Careers at Canterbury-on-the-Lake, Waterford, MI
Interested in joining the team at one of the very best senior living communities in the area? Then take a look at what we have to offer at Canterbury, the premier retirement community in Waterford, MI. Just click on the button below to review our current offerings. Then pick the one that interests you. Once you reach the page with additional information about the position, you can apply online.
- Status/Hours: Non-union, non-exempt, part time position. 20 hours per week – Tuesdays 1-5 pm, Wed/Thurs 8:30 am – 5 pm, occasional Saturdays and holidays.
- Pay: Based on years of experience
- Responsibilities: Leads activities and programs for residents in the Pavilion. Helps to prepare for events and activities. Completes documentation regarding resident participation in activities.
- Apply To: Molly Alderman, Life Enrichment Manager
Are you a college student who is hoping to get some patient care experience while in the Oakland County area during the summer months? Consider coming to work with us and we will pay for your CENA training.
We are seeking motivated candidates who would like to obtain their professional nurse aid license (CENA) in the State of Michigan. We will coordinate and pay for your CENA training and testing. You must commit to a full time position afterwards, 40 hours/week on afternoon shift (3 PM - 11:30 PM) or midnight shift (11 pm - 7:30 am) until at least August 15th. We hope to start a training class in mid-May.
*Selected candidates will start out working for several weeks for us at our community in Waterford, getting to know the role of a CENA.
•We will pay for your training and testing, which will be offered at a training academy close by in Waterford.
•After your training, you must be available to work 40 hours/week on afternoon shift (3 pm - 11:30 pm) or midnight shift (11 pm - 7:30 am) through August 15th. You can remain a contingent employee with us after you return to school and pick up shifts when available/school breaks.
•Candidates must be 18 years of age, with a high school diploma or GED and must be a full time college student.
•Candidates must also be kind, compassionate, eager to learn, able to work well with others, have good communication skills and have perfect attendance leading up to training. A passion for working with the elderly and enhancing their quality of life is also essential.
•We offer overtime and bonus opportunities regularly. We also offer pay advances - get paid for some of your hours the day you work!
•Most importantly, we offer a meaningful work experience in a non-profit, faith-based setting and provide excellent care to those who live at Canterbury!
- Status/Hours: Non-union, non-exempt, Full-Time and Part-Time both shifts
- Pay: Based on years of experience
- Responsibilities: Nursing duties in the Pavilion
- Apply To: Leigh Warner, Staffing Coordinator
- Status/Hours: Non-union, non-exempt, Full-Time and Part-Time on both shifts
- Pay: $14.25/hr-$15.75/hr to start depending on experience and shift.
- Responsibilities: Caring for residents in the Pavilion.
- Apply To: Leigh Warner, Staffing Coordinator – external candidates.
- Status/Hours: Union, non-exempt, Part time (primarily day and afternoon shifts)
- Pay: Based on experience
- Responsibilities: Universal caregivers for residents in The Meadows. Caregivers will assist residents with dementia and Alzheimer's with all aspects of daily living: bathing, toileting, dressing, eating, medication, light housework and activities.
- Apply To: Susannah Castillo
- Status/Hours: Union, non-exempt, Part time days/afternoon combo 3-4 day/week
- Pay: $12/hr to start.
- Responsibilities: Caregiver to residents in the Leas including ADL care, medications, showers. Experience in a similar role is preferred.
- Apply To: Jennifer Bishop
- Position: Housekeeper
- Status/Hours: Union, non-exempt, full time afternoon shift (3 pm – 11:30 pm), and part time varied days/shifts
- Pay: $11.75/hr
- Responsibilities: Cleaning and laundry duties in the community.
- Apply To: Mark DeRaud, Director of Facility Services
- Position: Door Screener
- Status/Hours: Non-union, non-exempt, varied hours, long term temporary position. Start out filling in for day and afternoon shift openings and then can move into a set schedule as it becomes available.
- Pay: Experience based
- Responsibilities: Screens visitors to the community either at the Loading Dock employee entrance or at the Pavilion entrance. Asks questions and enters data to an already established spreadsheet. Sends people home who do not meet criteria to enter the building. Must have a warm personality and be welcoming.
- Apply To: Kristie Arens, Human Resources