Take charge of your life
INDEPENDENT LIVING AT CANTERBURY-ON-THE-LAKE
LIVE LIFE, EXACTLY AS YOU CHOOSE
At Canterbury, you'll find more choices, more flexibility and more ways to make our community your own. You decide when and where you eat. Order off our extensive menu in the elegant Iris Dining Room, select a casual meal in our café-style Pub or make a meal in your own apartment.
Southminster residents can choose from studio, one bedroom, one bedroom with den, or two-bedroom apartment homes.
ENJOY FREEDOM AND FLEXIBILITY
MORE CONVENIENCE; FEWER COSTS
Canterbury residents enjoy a wide range of amenities at no extra charge, including many dining choices, utilities, trash removal, transportation, typical home repairs and maintenance, snow removal, lawn care, property taxes, Wellness Center membership, cable TV, security services and more!
Our residents also appreciate being able to stop by our Main Street’s Wellness Clinic. It features doctor days, and podiatry, audiology and optometry services, as well as a nurse who’s available to coordinate care.
- Heat, electricity and water
- DirecTV basic cable
- A washer and dryer in each apartment
- A 24-hour wireless emergency pendant system
- Housekeeping every other week
- Fresh paint and carpet before move-in
- Apartment and ground maintenance
- A generous dining allowance
- Transportation for scheduled outings and twice-weekly trips for groceries, banking and more
- A comprehensive Wellness Program, with an extensive calendar of activities to support the well-being of all residents
- Our very own Main Street with a salon, gift shop, Wellness Clinic and Wellness Center
- Complementary Wi-Fi in our Community Center
- Priority consideration for transfers within the Canterbury community, as needed